The RoboMaster University Technical Challenge (RMUT) focuses on the academic research of a certain technical field of robotics, and aims to encourage the participating teams to dig deeper into technology and strive for perfection in robot building. Teams need to develop just one robot to accomplish a challenge, so that they can reduce R&D costs, and centralize manpower and capital for technological breakthroughs. The RMUT is definitely a good choice for start-up teams to showcase their skills!
- University Championship
- University League
- University Technical Challenge
- University AI Challenge
- Both sides need to develop their own robots of different types and functions for tactical confrontation in a designated battlefield.
- The competition mode the same as that of RMUC. Teams can also advance to the RMUC through the Scoring and Ranking system.
- Teams can choose from multiple challenges and only need to develop one robot for a challenge, so that they can focus on technological breakthroughs in a single field.
- The RMUA focuses on competition of mobile robotics algorithm. Teams need to master multiple aspects of algorithm knowledge, such as positioning, motion planning, target detection, autonomous decision-making and automatic control.
- 7V7 live-firing (multiple types of robots)
- 3V3 live-firing (three types of robots)
- Technical challenge for a single robot
- 2V2 live-firing (two automatic robots from each side)
- Suitable for teams that have made a certain level of achievements in previous seasons as well as experienced teams
- Suitable for start-up or newly-formed teams that wish to take part in the RMUC in the future
- Suitable for teams with less funding, manpower, intended to focus on technological breakthroughs in a single field.
- Senior undergraduate and graduate students are recommended to participate as core team members
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- Local academic institutions
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (to be determined)
Highest Level of Award
In the "Standard Racing and Smart Firing", the Standard (newly added Balancing Standard for 2022 season) should race through complex terrains of the Battlefield and activate the Power Rune. The highest ring number and the completion time will affect the final scores.
In the "Engineer Mining", the Engineer should obtain minerals at the Resource Island and exchange them into gold coins at the designated point as fast as possible. The number of minerals obtained and the speed of exchanging will affect the final scores.
In the "Dart Targeting", the Dart System should launch Darts to hit the Outpost and the Base. The number of strikes and the strike time will all affect the final scores.
In the "Hero Lob Shot", the Hero should shoot the Base at the Sniper Point with 42mm projectiles.The number of strikes and the strike time will all affect the final scores.
Download Manuals: RMU 2022 Specifications Manuals
Download More: RMU 2022 Information Package
1. RoboMaster Participant Training Guide
2. RoboMaster 2022 Invitation Letter
3. RoboMaster 2022 Reference Budget Table
4.RoboMaster Brand Publicity Package
Official Registration: October 15, 2021 - November 18, 2021, 18:00 pm
Mainland China Regional Competition: May - June, 2022
International Regional Competition : July, 2022
Final Tournament: August, 2022
The RoboMaster University Technical Challenge is open to universities around the world. If you love robots and hope to show your talent and wit, come and join us!
Starting a team
Number of participants per team: 2-8 (depending on the specific challenge)
Requirement: In principle, only one team in the same school is eligible to participate. Two to five schools that do not have their own teams can form an intercollegiate team.
Register for the competition
Travel Support: Transportation and accommodations are provided during the International Regional Competition and Final Tournament. Subsidies for round-trip airplane tickets will be provided for overseas teams.
Participant Support: The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will provide overall support to participants, including project management, sponsorship, promotion and technology. The RoboMaster Training System encompasses the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide, R&D knowledge base, course salons, open source materials, intramural challenges, helping teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will decide whether the participating teams are qualified for the competition according to the progress of robot development shown in each round of technical assessment.
Teams advance from the Regional Competitions will enter the Final Tournament.
Q1: What teams are suitable for the RMUT?
A1: The RMUT consists of several challenges. As it requires only one robot for each challenge, it is suitable for teams with less funding and manpower to focus on technological breakthroughs in a single direction. Teams should first register for the Regional Competition, pass the Technical Assessment to participate in the Regional Competition and finally compete for an entry to the Final Tournament.
Q2: How to obtain official information released by the RoboMaster Organizing Committee?
A2: The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will update important information on the official RoboMaster website and forum. After successful registration, the RoboMaster Organizing Committee will contact the captain and synchronize the important information to the team through the official website, email, WeChat and other channels. For a summary of the official channels and the specifications for Q&A, see https://www.robomaster.com/en-US/resource/pages/announcement/1067 .
Q3：How to purchase necessary materials after registration?
A3: Teams can purchase accessories and kits from the official website, but they need to design and develop their own robots for the competition. The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will provide exclusive material discounts for the registered teams. For more details, please refer to RMU 2022 Instructions for Purchasing Materials
Q4: How much should our team budget for the competition preparation?
A4: It depends on how much money is actually available. The investment per robot is approximately RMB 10,000 to RMB 20,000 and the travel budget depends on a team’s distance to the competition venue. For more information, please refer to the RoboMaster 2022 Reference Budget Table. The Organizing Committee encourages teams to increase income, reduce expenditure and learn about advanced management and R&D methods to control costs.
Q5: How to improve our team’s technical and managerial skills?
A5:The RoboMaster Training System encompasses the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide, R&D knowledge base, course salons, open source materials, intramural challenges, helping teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
*For more information on how to participate in the RoboMaster University Series, please refer to RoboMaster Participant Training Guide.