The RoboMaster University Technical Challenge (RMUT) focuses on the academic research of a certain technical field of robotics, and aims to encourage the participating teams to dig deeper into technology and strive for perfection in robot building. Teams need to develop just one robot to accomplish a challenge, so that they can reduce R&D costs, and centralize manpower and capital for technological breakthroughs. The RMUL is undoubtedly a good choice for start-up teams to showcase their skills!
- University Championship
- University League
- University Technical Challenge
- University AI Challenge
- Both sides need to develop their own robots of different types and functions for tactical confrontation in a designated battlefield.
- The competition mode the same as that of RMUC. Teams can also advance to the RMUC through the Scoring and Ranking system.
- Teams need to develop just one robot to accomplish a challenge, so that they can reduce R&D costs, and centralize manpower and capital for technological breakthroughs.
- The RMUA focuses on competition of mobile robotics algorithm. Teams need to master multiple aspects of algorithm knowledge, such as positioning, motion planning, target detection, autonomous decision-making and automatic control.
- 7V7 live-firing (multiple types of robots)
- 3V3 live-firing (three types of robots)
- Technical challenge for a single robot
- 2V2 live-firing (two automatic robots from each side)
- Suitable for teams that have made a certain level of achievements in previous seasons as well as experienced teams
- Suitable for start-up or newly-formed teams that wish to take part in the RMUC in the future
- Suitable for teams with less funding, manpower and experience in the competition, or new teams
- Senior undergraduate and graduate students are recommended to participate as core team members
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- Local academic institutions
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (to be determined)
Highest Level of Award
In the “Standard Racing and Smart Firing” challenge, the Standard should race through complex terrains of the Battlefield and activate the Power Rune.
In the “Engineer Mining” challenge, the Engineer should obtain minerals at the Resource Island and reach the designated point as fast as possible. The number of minerals obtained and the speed of obtaining will affect the final scores.
In the “Dart Targeting” challenge, the Dart System should launch Darts to hit the Outpost and the Base. The number of strikes and the strike time will all affect the final scores.
Download Manuals: RoboMaster 2021 Specifications Manuals
Download More: RoboMaster 2021 Information Package
1. RoboMaster Participant Training Guide
2. RoboMaster 2021 Initiation Notice
3. RoboMaster 2021 Reference Budget Table
Pre-Registration: September 14, 2020
Official Registration: October 15, 2020 - November 16, 2020, 18:00 pm
Mainland China Regional Competition: May - June, 2021
Final Tournament: August, 2021
The RoboMaster University Technical Challenge is open to universities around the world. As long as you love robots and hope to show your talent and wit, you can apply for registration!
Starting a team
Number of participants per team: 2-8 (depending on the specific challenge)
Note: In principle, only one team in the same school is eligible to participate in one challenge. Two to five schools that do not have their own teams can form an intercollegiate team.
Register for the competition
Travel Support: Transportation reception and accommodations are provided during the International Regional Competition and Final Tournament.
Participant Support: The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will provide overall support to participants, including team project management, commercial affairs, promotion and technological research and development. For more information, refer to the RoboMaster Training System, including the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide、R&D knowledge base、course salons、open source materials、intramural challenges(The above content is temporarily only available in Chinese.). It covers most of the knowledge that a team needs to know from registration to final competition for teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
The Organizing Committee will decide whether the participating teams are qualified for the competition according to the progress of robot development embodied in each round of technical assessment. Additionally, teams that pass each round of technical assessment on time will receive further material discount support from the Organizing Committee.
After fierce competition in the Mainland China Regional Competitions, the winning teams will advance directly to the Final Tournament.
Q1: What teams are suitable for the RMUT?
A1: As the RMUT requires only one robot and less funding and manpower for each team, teams with less experience or newly-formed teams are recommended to participate. Teams can freely choose to participate in the Regional Competition. Teams that have passed the Technical Assessment in the current season will be eligible to participate in the Regional Competition and compete for an entry to the Final Tournament of the current season.
Q2: How to obtain the official information released by the Organizing Committee?
A2: The Organizing Committee will update the important information on the official RoboMaster website and the official forum. After successful registration, the Organizing Committee will contact the captain and synchronize the important information to the team through the official website, email, WeChat and other channels. For a summary of the official channels and the specifications for Q&A, see https://www.robomaster.com/en-US/resource/pages/announcement/1067 .
Q3：How to purchase necessary materials after registration?
A3:Teams can purchase accessories and kits from the official website, but they need to design and develop their own robots for the competition. After registration, the Organizing Committee will provide exclusive material discounts for the registered teams. For more details, please refer to RoboMaster 2021 Instructions for Instructions for Purchasing Materials
Q4: How much should my team budget for the competition preparation?
A4: It depends on how much money is actually available and the investment per robot is approximately RMB 10,000 to RMB 20,000. The travel budget depends on a team's distance to the competition venue. For more information, please refer to the RoboMaster 2021 Reference Budget Table. The Organizing Committee encourages teams to increase income, reduce expenditure and learn about advanced management and R&D methods to control costs.
Q5: How can I get more training to improve my team's technical and managerial skills?
A5: The RoboMaster Training System includes the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide、R&D knowledge base、course salons、open source materials、intramural challenges ( The above content is temporarily only available in Chinese ). It covers most of the knowledge that a team needs to know from registration to final competition for teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
*For more information on how to participate in the RoboMaster University Series, please refer to RoboMaster Participant Training Guide.