The RoboMaster University League, sponsored by local academic institutions and universities, aims to promote regional exchanges of robotics technology and contribute to regional technological innovation and development. Participating teams can also advance to the RoboMaster University Championship through the Scoring and Ranking System .
- University Championship
- University League
- University Technical Challenge
- University AI Challenge
- Both sides need to develop their own robots of different types and functions for tactical confrontation in a designated battlefield.
- The competition mode the same as that of RMUC. Teams can also advance to the RMUC through the Scoring and Ranking system.
- Teams can choose from multiple challenges and only need to develop one robot for a challenge, so that they can focus on technological breakthroughs in a single field.
- The RMUA focuses on competition of mobile robotics algorithm. Teams need to master multiple aspects of algorithm knowledge, such as positioning, motion planning, target detection, autonomous decision-making and automatic control.
- 7V7 live-firing (multiple types of robots)
- 3V3 live-firing (three types of robots)
- Technical challenge for a single robot
- 2V2 live-firing (two automatic robots from each side)
- Suitable for teams that have made a certain level of achievements in previous seasons as well as experienced teams
- Suitable for start-up or newly-formed teams that wish to take part in the RMUC in the future
- Suitable for teams with less funding, manpower, intended to focus on technological breakthroughs in a single field.
- Senior undergraduate and graduate students are recommended to participate as core team members
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- Local academic institutions
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (to be determined)
Highest Level of Award
The RMUL 2022 includes 3V3 Confrontation and Standard Confrontation.
In the "3V3 Confrontation", participating teams need to independently develop Standard, Hero and Sentry to participate in tactical battles in the designated battlefield and participate in tactical battles in the designated battlefield. Participants control their robots to attack enemy’s robots and Base by launching projectiles. At the end of the match, the team with the highest remaining Base HP wins.
In the "Standard Confrontation", Standards (newly added Automatic Standard Group for 2022 season) from each team (1V1) fight against each other by shooting the Armor Modules. At the end of the match, the team with the highest remaining Standard HP wins.
Download Manuals: RMU 2022 Specifications Manuals
Download More: RMU 2022 Information Package
1. RoboMaster Participant Training Guide
2. RoboMaster 2022 Invitation Letter
3. RoboMaster 2022 Reference Budget Table
4.RoboMaster Brand Publicity Package
Official Registration: October 15, 2021 - November 18, 2021, 18:00 pm
Official Competition: March - April, 2022
The RoboMaster University League is open to universities around the world. If you love robots and hope to show your talent and wit, come and join us!
Starting a team
Number of participants per team: 2-12 (depending on the specific challenge)
Requirement: In principle, only one team in the same school is eligible to participate. Two to five schools that do not have their own teams can form an intercollegiate team.
Register for the competition
Participant Support: The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will provide overall support to participants, including project management, sponsorship, promotion and technology. The RoboMaster Training System encompasses the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide, R&D knowledge base, course salons, open source materials, intramural challenges, helping teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will decide whether the participating teams are qualified for the competition according to the progress of robot development shown in each round of technical assessment.
For technical assessment specifications for tier-1 and tier-2 teams, seeRMU 2022 Specifications Manuals
Q1: What teams are suitable for the RMUL?
A1: With simpler rules, fewer robots required and multiple competition sites, the RMUL is a good choice for start-up or newly-formed teams. The format of RMUL is similar to that of RMUC. Teams that wish to take part in the RMUC in the future are recommended to register for the nearest RMUL site to accumulate scores. Teams that rank top 72 in the Score and Rank Chart will be directly eligible for the Regional Competition of RMUC in the next season.
Q2: How to obtain official information released by the RoboMaster Organizing Committee?
A2: The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will update important information on the official RoboMaster website and forum. After successful registration, the RoboMaster Organizing Committee will contact the captain and synchronize the important information to the team through the official website, email, WeChat and other channels. For a summary of the official channels and the specifications for Q&A, see https://www.robomaster.com/en-US/resource/pages/announcement/1067 .
Q3：How to purchase necessary materials after registration?
A3: Teams can purchase accessories and kits from the official website, but they need to design and develop their own robots for the competition. The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will provide exclusive material discounts for the registered teams. For more details, please refer to RMU 2022 Instructions for Purchasing Materials
Q4: How much should our team budget for the competition preparation?
A4: It depends on how much money is actually available and the investment per robot is approximately RMB 10,000 to RMB 20,000. The travel budget depends on a team's distance to the competition venue. For more information, please refer to the RoboMaster 2022 Reference Budget Table. The Organizing Committee encourages teams to increase income, reduce expenditure and learn about advanced management and R&D methods to control costs.
Q5: How to improve our team’s technical and managerial skills?
A5:The RoboMaster Training System encompasses the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide, R&D knowledge base, course salons, open source materials, intramural challenges, helping teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
*For more information on how to participate in the RoboMaster University Series, please refer to RoboMaster Participant Training Guide.