The RoboMaster University Championship focuses on the comprehensive application and engineering practice abilities of the participants in science and engineering disciplines, fully integrating many robot-related technical disciplines such as “machine vision”, “embedded system design”, “mechanical control”, “inertial navigation”, “human-computer interaction”. At the same time, the innovative combination of e-sports presentation and robotic competition makes the robot confrontation more intuitive and intense, attracting the attention of many technology enthusiasts and the public.
- University Championship
- University League
- University Technical Challenge
- University AI Challenge
- Both sides need to develop their own robots of different types and functions for tactical confrontation in a designated battlefield.
- The competition mode the same as that of RMUC. Teams can also advance to the RMUC through the Scoring and Ranking system.
- Teams can choose from multiple challenges and only need to develop one robot for a challenge, so that they can focus on technological breakthroughs in a single field.
- The RMUA focuses on competition of mobile robotics algorithm. Teams need to master multiple aspects of algorithm knowledge, such as positioning, motion planning, target detection, autonomous decision-making and automatic control.
- 7V7 live-firing (multiple types of robots)
- 3V3 live-firing (three types of robots)
- Technical challenge for a single robot
- 2V2 live-firing (two automatic robots from each side)
- Suitable for teams that have made a certain level of achievements in previous seasons as well as experienced teams
- Suitable for start-up or newly-formed teams that wish to take part in the RMUC in the future
- Suitable for teams with less funding, manpower, intended to focus on technological breakthroughs in a single field.
- Senior undergraduate and graduate students are recommended to participate as core team members
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- Local academic institutions
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (to be determined)
Highest Level of Award
In the RMUC 2022, participating teams need to independently develop robots of different types and functions and participate in tactical battles in the designated battlefield, where participants control their robots to attack enemy’s robots and Base by launching projectiles. At the end of the match, the team with the highest remaining Base HP wins.
Download Manuals: RMU 2022 Specifications Manuals
Download More: RMU 2022 Information Package
1. RoboMaster Participant Training Guide
2.RoboMaster 2022 Invitation Letter
3. RoboMaster 2022 Reference Budget Table
4.RoboMaster Brand Publicity Package
Official Registration: October 15, 2021 - November 15, 2021, 18:00 pm
Mainland China Regional Competition: May - June, 2022
International Regional Competition: July, 2022
Wild Card Competition: July, 2022
Final Tournament: August, 2021
The RoboMaster University Championship is open to universities around the world. If you love robots and hope to show your talent and wit, come and join us!
Starting a team
Number of participants per team: 10-35
Requirement: In principle, only one team in the same school is eligible to participate. Two to five schools that do not have their own teams can form an intercollegiate team.
Register for the competition
Travel Support: Transportation and accommodations are provided during the International Regional Competition and Final Tournament. Subsidies for round-trip airplane tickets will be provided for overseas teams.
Participant Support: The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will provide overall support to participants, including project management, sponsorship, promotion and technology. The RoboMaster Training System encompasses the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide, R&D knowledge base, course salons, open source materials, intramural challenges, helping teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will decide whether the participating teams are qualified for the competition according to the progress of robot development shown in each round of technical assessment. Additionally, teams that pass each round of technical assessment on time will receive further material support from the RoboMaster Organizing Committee.
For technical assessment specifications for tier-1 and tier-2 teams, seeRMU 2022 Specifications Manuals
Teams that advance from the Regional Competitions will directly enter the Final Tournament.
Q1: What teams are suitable for the RMUC?
A1: Teams that have made a certain level of achievements in previous seasons and teams with a lot of experience are recommended to take part in the RMUC. Teams that rank top 72 in the RoboMaster Score and Rank Chart for universities from Mainland China or teams that have passed the technical assessment will be eligible to participate in the Regional Competition and compete for an entry to the Final Tournament. For more information, see “Introduction to the Scoring and Ranking System” .
Q2: How to obtain official information released by the RoboMaster Organizing Committee?
A2: The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will update important information on the official RoboMaster website and forum. After successful registration, the RoboMaster Organizing Committee will contact the captain and synchronize the important information to the team through the official website, email, WeChat and other channels. For a summary of the official channels and the specifications for Q&A, see https://www.robomaster.com/en-US/resource/pages/announcement/1067 .
Q3：How to purchase necessary materials after registration?
A3: Teams can purchase accessories and kits from the official website, but they need to design and develop their own robots for the competition. The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will provide exclusive material discounts for the registered teams. For more details, please refer to RMU 2022 Instructions for Purchasing Materials
Q4: How much should my team budget for the competition preparation?
A4: It depends on how much money is actually available. The overall funding can range from RMB 100,000 to RMB 500,000. The investment per robot is approximately RMB 10,000 to RMB 20,000 and the travel budget depends on a team’s distance to the competition venue. For more information, please refer to the RoboMaster 2022 Reference Budget Table. The RoboMaster Organizing Committee encourages teams to increase income and reduce costs through advanced management and R&D methods.
Q5: How to improve our team’s technical and managerial skills?
A5:The RoboMaster Training System encompasses the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide, R&D knowledge base, course salons, open source materials, intramural challenges, helping teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
*For more information on how to participate in the RoboMaster University Series, please refer to RoboMaster Participant Training Guide.