Since 2017, the RoboMaster University AI Challenge has been co-organized by the DJI RoboMaster Organizing Committee and the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation in Singapore, Australia, Canada and Xi'an. This competition has attracted a large number of top universities and scientific research institutions around the world to participate in the competition and academic seminars, furthering its international impact in the field of robotics. The RMUA focuses on the application of mobile robotics algorithm in an integrated context. Teams need to master multiple aspects of algorithm knowledge, such as positioning, motion planning, target detection, autonomous decision-making and automatic control.
- University Championship
- University League
- University Technical Challenge
- University AI Challenge
- Both sides need to develop their own robots of different types and functions for tactical confrontation in a designated battlefield.
- The competition mode the same as that of RMUC. Teams can also advance to the RMUC through the Scoring and Ranking system.
- Teams can choose from multiple challenges and only need to develop one robot for a challenge, so that they can focus on technological breakthroughs in a single field.
- The RMUA focuses on competition of mobile robotics algorithm. Teams need to master multiple aspects of algorithm knowledge, such as positioning, motion planning, target detection, autonomous decision-making and automatic control.
- 7V7 live-firing (multiple types of robots)
- 3V3 live-firing (three types of robots)
- Technical challenge for a single robot
- 2V2 live-firing (two automatic robots from each side)
- Suitable for teams that have made a certain level of achievements in previous seasons as well as experienced teams
- Suitable for start-up or newly-formed teams that wish to take part in the RMUC in the future
- Suitable for teams with less funding, manpower, intended to focus on technological breakthroughs in a single field.
- Senior undergraduate and graduate students are recommended to participate as core team members
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- Local academic institutions
- The Central Committee of the Communist Young League
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (to be determined)
Highest Level of Award
In RMUA 2022, automatic robots from both sides (2V2) will shoot against each other in the rune-filled battlefield. Participating teams need to use the official robotics platform to conduct motion planning, control and autonomous decision making by sensing the environmental information of the battlefield. The fully automatic robots will launch projectiles against the enemy’s robots. At the end of the game, the team with the highest robot HP wins.
Download Manuals: RoboMaster 2022 Specifications Manuals
Download More: RoboMaster 2022 Information Package
1. RoboMaster Participant Training Guide
2. RoboMaster 2022 Initiation Letter
3. RoboMaster 2022 Reference Budget Table
The RoboMaster AI Robotics Platform is a general-purpose omni-directional mobile robotics development platform designed for the ICRA RoboMaster University AI Challenge. The platform offers open-source hardware design, embedded framework based on STM32 series microcontroller and software framework of RoboRTS onboard platform that supports Robotic Operating System (ROS). Teams can configure cameras, LIDAR and other personalized sensors as well as onboard computing devices for secondary development, so as to realize fully automated multi-robot confrontation involving positioning, motion planning, enemy robot detection, autonomous decision making and automatic control.
Official Registration: October 15, 2021 - November 15, 2021, 18:00 pm
China Competition: March - April, 2022
International Competition: May, 2022
The RoboMaster University AI Challenge is open to universities around the world. If you love robots and hope to show your talent and wit, come and join us!
Starting a team
Number of participants per team: 4-12 (depending on the specific challenge)
Requirement: A maximum of two teams from the same school will be eligible to participate. Two to five schools that do not have their own teams can form an intercollegiate team.
Register for the competition
Travel Support: Transportation allowance will be provided to the teams that have performed well in the Technical Assessment.
Participant Support: The RoboMaster Organizing Committee will provide overall support to participants, including team project management, commercial affairs, promotion and technological research and development. For more information, refer to the RoboMaster Training Systemencompasses the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide, R&D knowledge base, course salons, open source materials, intramural challenges, helping teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
The Organizing Committee will decide whether the participating teams are qualified for the competition according to the progress of robot development embodied in each round of technical assessment.
Q1: What teams are suitable for the RMUA?
A1: The RMUA focuses on competition of mobile robotics algorithm. Teams need to master multiple aspects of algorithm knowledge, such as positioning, motion planning, target detection, autonomous decision-making and automatic control. Senior undergraduate and graduate students are recommended to participate as the core team members, who should divide the team in terms of perception, decision making and control planning, and preferably recruit team members (2-3) who are familiar with embedded and mechanical knowledge to help the team develop more stable functions and systematically optimize the robot.
Q2: How to obtain the official information released by the Organizing Committee?
A2: The Organizing Committee will update the important information on the official RoboMaster website and the official forum. After successful registration, the Organizing Committee will contact the captain and synchronize the important information through the official website, email, WeChat and other channels to the team. For a summary of the official channels and the specifications for Q&A, see https://www.robomaster.com/zh-CN/resource/pages/announcement/1209
Q3：How to purchase necessary materials after registration?
A3: Teams can purchase an AI robot from the official website. After registration, the Organizing Committee will provide exclusive material discounts for the registered teams. For more details, please refer to RoboMaster 2022 Instructions for Instructions for Purchasing Materials
Q4: How much should my team budget for the competition preparation?
A4: It depends on how much money is actually available. The overall funding is approximately RMB 130,000. For more information, please refer to the RoboMaster 2022 Reference Budget Table. The RoboMaster Organizing Committee encourages teams to increase income and reduce costs through advanced management and R&D methods.
Q5: How can I get more training to improve my team's technical and managerial skills?
A5: The RoboMaster Training System iencompasses the RoboMaster Participant Training Guide, R&D knowledge base, course salons, open source materials, intramural challenges, helping teams to quickly understand the event and get started.
Q6: Where is the competition venue?
A6: The RoboMaster 2022 University AI Challenge is expected to be held in Philadelphia, USA.
*For more information on how to participate in the RoboMaster University Series, please refer to RoboMaster Participant Training Guide.